And no sleeping in begins...

That's right! No more sleeping in on my days off. Why? Because the heat and humidity is officially here and if I want to get a run in then it must be before 7am! I went out for a 3 miler this morning at about 8:45. It was so hot and sticky, it was awful! Plus my hamstrings were so sore from all the lunges I did in Level 2 of The Shred yesterday! However, I ended up running 3 miles at a 9:55 min/mile pace which is faster than normal! Who would have thought!! But I'm gonna try to get up by 7am to run on my days off so I don't pass out from 100+ degree temps!! After my run I took Sadie for a walk and she loved it!! She especially loves her walks on trash days so she can sniff everyone's trash cans! Ha! This is why I could never run with my pup. She is led by her nose!!



After my run I decided to make a Green Monster! It actually turned out to be more of a Brown Monster but was really good!!


In the mix was:
1 cup almond milk
1cup frozen berries and mango
1/2 cup h20
about 1-2 cups spinach
1/2 container of wildberry yogurt


It made a ton and this glass is about 1/2 of what it made but that's all I wanted. I had some Kashi Heart to Heart cereal with it also. It was very good and I'm sure will be made many times since it's not hot outside!!
It is also the time of year for my favorite food: Homemade Salsa!! I can literally eat this stuff with a spoon! The batch I made today is VERY spicy!!

I have a big day planned tomorrow that includes a run, mowing my yard (front and back), laying out at my parents house, going to kick the soccer ball around with my brother, and then going out to eat with my parents to celebrate Mother's Day! Whew! I am exhausted already!!

Yesterday, all of a sudden, the buttons on my phone decided not to work:( Luckily I had my pink razor phone, that I bedazzled myself many years ago, that I could slip my Sim card into and use. Now let me say, this pink razor phone is pretty ghetto but I am really liking buttons that work! I am not up for a new phone until August so I guess this will have to do!! What kind of phones do ya'll have and would you recommend it??

Hope everyone is having a great day and beautiful weather!! And don't for get to enter my 100th post giveaway before Sunday at midnight!!



4 comments:

  1. That salsa looks SO good!! I love the BB Curve!

     
  2. That homemade salsa looks yum! :)

     
  3. I wish I could run 3 miles. I envy all of you runners!

    That homemade salsa looks delicious. I love that and pico de gallo. So yummy!

    I have a pink bb curve that I absolutely love. I definitely recommend it.

     
  4. Yum, that salsa looks delicious!!