I love a day off:)

So I was supposed to work today BUT I got cancelled! Yay!! Not enough patients= less nurses and it was my turn! So that was an awesome phone call to get this morning even if it was at 5am:) So now I am off for 4 days!!

I slept in until about 8:30 then got up and decided to go for a quick run. I only did 2 miles because I am planning to do a long run again tomorrow so I didn't want my legs to be sore. However, I am obviously getting bored with 2 miles because I decided to go really fast!! My first mile split was 9:48 min/mile and my 2nd one was 8:31min/mile! I was running hard on mile 2! It felt GREAT when I got home. Wish I could run the whole time at 8:31 min/mile pace! Someday...:)

After I got home from my run I did some ab work and took Sadie for a walk. Then mowed my front yard. Got a little color on my shoulders too!!

Italian Fest was SOOO fun Friday night! I took some fun pics and left my camera in my friend's purse:( Hopefully I will get is back soon! I hope everyone has a wonderful day!


7 comments:

  1. Unexpected days off are great!!

     
  2. Hooray day off!

     
  3. Yay for an extra day off!

     
  4. It's awesome that you didn't have to work and were able to squeeze in a run!

     
  5. People get sent home from work ALL THE TIME at my hospital. They keep ratios as high as they can, which worries me a little! However, an unexpected day off can be nice...I hope you enjoyed it!

     
  6. okay, I'm officially jealous! Enjoy your day off, and great running! Woo hoo, can't wait till I am back in the running game too

     
  7. Yay for getting extra time off! I will be so glad when I can run as long as you :)