To Race Or Not To Race…

Hello friends! Happy Monday to ya!! Hope the beginning of the week is treating you well :)

I had a really nice run on Saturday. I set out to do my long run of 5 miles (I know, not really LONG but it is for me at this point in training). It was hot, I let myself sleep in a bit, but luckily there was a lot of shade for the first half of my run. I did my hilly route, which most all my runs are done on. It felt hard, but in a good way! I was pretty happy with my time too!

5 miles in 51:39

Mile 1: 10:47

Mile 2: 10:16

Mile 3: 10:11

Mile 4: 10:24

Mile 5: 10:03

Avg Pace: 10:20

It’s a good start. I would like to be a bit faster but I know it will take a bit more time for my speed to come back. I am looking forward to my LONG runs getting longer and longer!!

I’m debating kicking off my race season this weekend with a 5k. I was going to wait a few more weeks because I’m super competitive and want to do really well and I don’t feel like I’m there yet. But, I really want to do this race!! Thoughts?!? I need to register tonight if I’m going to do it because the price goes up tomorrow!

************************************************************************************

I made a super yummy dish the other night!! It was a Quinoa Mix! I’ve never made Quinoa before and I just kinda threw a bunch of stuff together and it turned out great!! Hubby loved it as well!

002

Cooking the Quinoa. It has a texture between rice and pasta.

001

Then, I cooked up some onion, garlic, grape tomatoes, spinach and shrimp in the skillet in EVOO.

003

Mix it all together and top with some feta cheese! Yummy!! Have you ever made Quinoa??

*************************************************************************

Well guys, that’s it for now! Have a great Monday! How many of you are into Bachelor Pad? I can’t stop watching all the drama! Ha!

3 comments:

  1. I'd say go for the 5k if you feel up to it. Racing is always such a great way to hype up any training plan and 5k's are the perfect amount, especially in the beginning stages. I wouldn't put a lot of pressure into it though. Just run and have fun! You will do better than you think if you start with this mentality.

    Dinner looks great and quite similar to mine tonight. ;)

    Hope you had a wonderful day girl!

     
  2. I'm watching Bachelor Pad as we speak. Drama!

    I'd say do the 5k if you want to do it - don't worry about not being as quick as you might want to be.

    I've never made quinoa, but I really want to try it!

     
  3. That food looks SO yummy!!!!!! :)